Dell Inspiron 3000 Compatible GPUs

jinsoo93

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Alright so I am assisting a friend in upgrading his Graphics card in his Dell Inspiron 3000. I have searched on the net that it is compatible with PCIe and PCIe-16. I was wondering if this is true, and if so is it true with all the models of Inspiron 3000(past and current models if there are past ones)? I might be totally wrong about these assumptions, and if so does anyone know what is compatible with the Dell Inspiron 3000 system? Also should I disable the onboard gpu for the system also when installing a new one? If there are any excellent GPUs that match well with this system please throw some names at me. I apologize in advance I feel like this is quite a lot to ask for! Unfortunately I was not able to find any solid answers in my searching. If there is anymore information you will need feel free to put them out there please.
Specs:
Intel Pentium CPU g360@2.70ghz(2CPUs)
4GB ram
Integrated GPU

Solution
You need to find the pc and especially motherboard specs. Post a link

If there is enough room and there is a pcie x16 pcie slot on the pc then it should be OK. But you also might need to upgrade the power supply as well.

jinsoo93

Reputable
May 3, 2014

Are you saying there is a small tower and a big tower for the Inspiron 3000 Desktop? Is that why?

Update:
Okay so i asked for some pictures and its definitely the Insprion3000 small desktop. So what type of gpu would he be able to install if even possible?

jinsoo93

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Yeah nvm its a PCIE fully capable system just need a low profile bracketed gpu. I probably wont let him upgrade it anyway. He should just purchase a higher end machine for the programs he wants to use it for. Thanks anyway

If there's room and an available x16 pcie slot, then any gpu will fir. You would have to have enough juice from the power supply.

You work out if there's enough room and if there's a pcies slot. Is there a pc shop you prefer? Or Amazon or eBay?

Pick a graphics card within your budget. Tell me and I'll tell you the power supply you need.