Dell Inspiron 3543 + Rx 560 eGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnxgeorge

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
For a start, I want to mention that I am new to this forum and I just recently starting exploring getting an eGPU for my laptop. Before I purchased anything i tried doing some research based on my laptop modell, but sadly i could not find anyone on the internet having an eGPU setup with this laptop (Dell Inspiron 3543), so i resorted in this post for some answers from people with experience on this topic. To provide you with some specs, my laptop has an i7 5500u @2.8ghz, 8gbs of ram (possibly ddr3), an nvidia gt 840m with 4gbs of vram, a 1 tb hdd and a 15.6" TN panel with a resolution of 1366x768 (the screen is really bad). I would like to be able to run some of the latest games in 1080p at low to medium settings. Since the 840m is not up to the task I considered getting an AMD Rx 560 as an eGPU (wanted to get an nvidia 1050ti but with what I have read nvidia is not too fond of eGPU setups.). I thought about pairing it with an XP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock using an mpci-e connector. For power i thought since the 560 does not require much power that i would go with the Dell DA 2 power supply. Now that we have all the technical stuff put of the way, I would like to ask you if i have a good setup. Will the Dell DA 2 be able to handle an RX 560 or should I try something with more power? Is the choice of the gpu correct for what I plan on doing and lastly what problems might I stumble upon? The one that I fear the most is my BIOS whitelisting the network card and not allowing for an eGPU to be plugged in the mpci-e slot.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tnxgeorge : "Dell Inspiron 3543 eGPU. Will it work??"

Status
Not open for further replies.