[SOLVED] Dell inspiron 3647 sff (i3-4150), possible gpu upgrade?

Milan_25

Reputable
Mar 16, 2017
Hello everyone, just wanted to know whether this system can support evga gtx 1050 2gb / 3gb or 1050 Ti mini or readon Radeon 550 4gb

Factory built PC specs :
Psu 220w uses standard 24 atx and 4 mobo pin connector,
I3 4th gen 4150, 2cores 4 th
Stock fan,
Pcie 3.0 16 ×1(assuming 60-75 w can be drawn from this ),

For casual gaming and rendering, planning to buy a complete custom build in 2022, so just want it to be in working condition

Solution
It should be able to support any card that doesn't have a power connector.

The problem I've run into in this form factor (my Gateway sx2803 has a nearly identical case), is that you cannot use a gpu that is 2 slot. :( So you are limited to single slot, no power connector gpus which tremendously narrows down your selection. It also bumps the price up quite a bit as it's much more rare of a card.
It should be able to support any card that doesn't have a power connector.

The problem I've run into in this form factor (my Gateway sx2803 has a nearly identical case), is that you cannot use a gpu that is 2 slot. :( So you are limited to single slot, no power connector gpus which tremendously narrows down your selection. It also bumps the price up quite a bit as it's much more rare of a card.

Solution

Milan_25

Reputable
Mar 16, 2017
The problem lies with the dimensions, I am not able to find it out(tho I found few name mentioned in first post which might fit not sure that's why I posted) , went through Dell manuals they, in 2014 referred gt 635 as the best option, so somewhat around that size will fit in that small case I guess