Dell Inspiron 560 won't boot up

oqzo1976

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
I have a desktop Dell Inspiron 560. It worked great until the power plug was pulled out by accident. For two days, the computer would not boot up. The lights and fans would go on when you pushed the power button, but nothing would display on the monitor except for "No signal." We took it into OfficeMax for a diagnostic, and they also had the same results, They said the hard drive was bad. . I brought the computer back home, plugged it in a different wall socket, and it worked! We had a power outage today and the PC went down, and now I can't get it to work again. When I turned on the computer this time, the power lights went on, the fan sound went on, and the monitor briefly displayed Dell logo before it went black. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Solution
disconnect all cables from drives, if have both onboard video & a videocard then pull the videocard out, disconnect main power cable, clear the cmos as have found that to kickstart a stubborn system, reconnect power cable & turn on the computer.

oqzo1976

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016

Thank you. I tried that, but the results are the same. The green power light on back of the CPU is on, but the clear power light on the front of the CPU is not.

disconnect all cables from drives, if have both onboard video & a videocard then pull the videocard out, disconnect main power cable, clear the cmos as have found that to kickstart a stubborn system, reconnect power cable & turn on the computer.

Solution