[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 5675 fans being extremely loud and amber light blinking.

varkidnapper88

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
For some context, I had recently put all the plugs from my PC into a new power strip. My dad had accidentally turned the power strip off while the computer was running but turned it back on and my computer was working fine, except for a few random moments of the fans blaring extremely loud for no reason. However, before I went to sleep, I put my computer in sleep mode. I wake up to find it has already been turned on and leave it since my parents probably grazed the keyboard. I come back 5 minutes later and now the fans sound like jet engines and the light on the power button is blinking amber. I push the button to shut down the computer and then restart it. Everything still seems fine except I believe by fans are slightly, not noticeably, louder. Did anything wrong happen with my computer? I was recently in a moving process but I doubt I had misplaced a part inside my PC.

Solution
I checked my temps with Speccy and MSI afterburner and they seem fine right now (40 - 50 for GPU, hard drive, motherboard, and CPU). However, I panicked when I walked in and found a jet engine in my PC so I couldn't exactly tell which fans were being that loud. I also couldn't tell how many times the amber light blinked. I know it wasn't the hard drive since the noise came from the back of the PC but it could've been CPU or GPU. not entirely sure. Is there a way for me to check if my parts are all running well?

I mean, yes. You can run stress tests on the CPU, the GPU. But if it's running well right now, it's hard to tell what is wrong with it. If it happens again, yes, that is an issue, but if it only happened once, it's hard...

varkidnapper88

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
I mean... You can go ahead and check your temps and your fan speeds with OpenHardwareMonitor.
Let us know if you see anything weird like high temperatures.

Also, which fans are being loud? The GPU, CPU cooler or the case ones?
I checked my temps with Speccy and MSI afterburner and they seem fine right now (40 - 50 for GPU, hard drive, motherboard, and CPU). However, I panicked when I walked in and found a jet engine in my PC so I couldn't exactly tell which fans were being that loud. I also couldn't tell how many times the amber light blinked. I know it wasn't the hard drive since the noise came from the back of the PC but it could've been CPU or GPU. not entirely sure. Is there a way for me to check if my parts are all running well?

Small_Tarzan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015

I mean, yes. You can run stress tests on the CPU, the GPU. But if it's running well right now, it's hard to tell what is wrong with it. If it happens again, yes, that is an issue, but if it only happened once, it's hard to diagnose.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS