[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 5675 Unlock BIOS to Upgrade CPU to Ryzen 3600

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM777

BANNED
Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Similar question was already asked but I still have a hope that somebody will be able to help.
I own Dell Inspiron 5675 and I would like to change the cpu, but unfortunately current BIOS doesn't support it.
Is there any way to unlock the bios? Modding it or doing whatever it takes to make it work ?
Any suggestion will be useful.
Microcode also exists, but couldn't find it anywhere.
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution
Since, Dell is not providing the BIOS update for their motherboards, you would have to change the motherboard and the PC case because dell personally design their motherboard and the cabinet, which are a lot diffrent than the normal motherboard and cabinets and their IO ports are also very diffrent i.e. they are not postioned at one place.

Well I would suggest first you should only go for a new motherboard like A320 or B450 or you can also go for high end chipsets like X470 or 570, but I think B450 is just fine for the specs dell has.
If it fits correctly in the cabinet, then you just have to move your hardware part from dell motherboard to the newer motherboard.
If the motherboard does not fit in the Dell's cabinet properly, then...

Shivam541141

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
Since, Dell is not providing the BIOS update for their motherboards, you would have to change the motherboard and the PC case because dell personally design their motherboard and the cabinet, which are a lot diffrent than the normal motherboard and cabinets and their IO ports are also very diffrent i.e. they are not postioned at one place.

Well I would suggest first you should only go for a new motherboard like A320 or B450 or you can also go for high end chipsets like X470 or 570, but I think B450 is just fine for the specs dell has.
If it fits correctly in the cabinet, then you just have to move your hardware part from dell motherboard to the newer motherboard.
If the motherboard does not fit in the Dell's cabinet properly, then consider buying a new cabinet.

If you can get a new motherboard and a pc case then your pc can run ryzen 5 3600.

Rest you can use your same hard disk, GPU, RAM and other stuffs.
Thank You.

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution

LM777

BANNED
Aug 13, 2020
@Shivam541141 Thank you for your reply.
Changing the motherboard would be the last option.

I would like to find a way to somehow unlock it. Is there any way to edit the bios file and maybe reprogram it so it will become compatible with new CPUs. It would be legal or not that's different question but would be nice to try.

Shivam541141

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
@Shivam541141 Thank you for your reply.
Changing the motherboard would be the last option.

I would like to find a way to somehow unlock it. Is there any way to edit the bios file and maybe reprogram it so it will become compatible with new CPUs. It would be legal or not that's different question but would be nice to try.
Different motherboards have different hardware and every motherboard’s BIOS is designed specifically to work with the hardware of that motherboard.
If you could even unlock it and try to install some other bios, there is a huge chance your motherboard will crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.