[SOLVED] Dell inspiron 5675 upgrades

Jan 10, 2019
I have a dell inspiron 5675 with a amd ryzen 7 1700, the original dell mobo, 16gb ddr4, rx580 not sure what the power supply is.I'm looking to replace the crappy mobo and upgrade the processor to something newer. Also looking to replace the case due to the case only having 2 spots for cooling fans

Solution
I doubt the motherboard is the source of your crashes (especially not 3 motherboards). Much more likely that it's a faulty stick of RAM. Have you ran a Prime95 test? I say 24hrs is sufficient (I've had it catch known bad RAM at 19hrs)
Jan 10, 2019
The dell mobo is crap, just ordered a MSI MB B450M GAMING PLUS AMD and this case only allows for 2 cooling fans and I live by 4 base ball fields so it gets dusty and there is no filter for the case so I'm constantly cleaning inside the case. Looking at the nzxt h500 case. Gonna leave the processor for now and upgrade the heatsync and fan to a aftermarket kit

Jan 10, 2019
The dell mobo doesn't allow for overclocking and the bios it has has crashed on me. I've went through 3 mobos and I haven't even overclocked it just running stock

I doubt the motherboard is the source of your crashes (especially not 3 motherboards). Much more likely that it's a faulty stick of RAM. Have you ran a Prime95 test? I say 24hrs is sufficient (I've had it catch known bad RAM at 19hrs)

Solution