[SOLVED] Dell inspiron 620 motherboard

Apr 18, 2021
Hello there,
I had a dell inspiron 620 pc and its motherboard broke down. The model is LGA1155 H61 CN-0GDG8Y 0GDG8Y GDG8Y MIH61R 48.3EQ01.011

I recently found a used one to replace it and is h61-m hdmi which is compatible.
The problem is that i dont know where to plug the cables of the case. In Dell motherboard there is a cable from case that plugs into pow led etc and another one that plugs into Audio Front.
The new motherboard has a place different than the previous and misses two pins rather than one from the previous. Also in the place of Audio_front, now it is called com_A. I am little confused here about where to plug the cables.

The old mobo is https://www.techpowerup.com/153211/gigabyte-intros-new-h61m-usb3-b3-motherboard

71feLv7RyRL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

83-155-175-09.jpg

And these are the cables in closer look, the yellow is audio front and the other is pow-led

IMG_20210418_163638.jpg

IMG_20210418_163447.jpg

And final is the new motherboard

IMG_20210418_163752.jpg

Thank you.

Solution
You need to get another GDG8Y motherboard. That's the way it is with Dells. Each system has it's own MB. Swaps almost never work for the reasons you just listed.
No i dont think so. I made my own research and found the diagrams of both motherboards. I managed to figure out where the pwr, pw_led were at both mobos and i went to an electronic store and bought some "Male To Female Jumper Cable Dupont Wire". Figured out the empty holes of my button cable adaptor of case, and connect the jumper straight to mobo pins.
It wasn't so hard after all, i just needed to figure it out. It took some time to find the right holes and finally it worked.
Apr 18, 2021
You need to get another GDG8Y motherboard. That's the way it is with Dells. Each system has it's own MB. Swaps almost never work for the reasons you just listed.
No i dont think so. I made my own research and found the diagrams of both motherboards. I managed to figure out where the pwr, pw_led were at both mobos and i went to an electronic store and bought some "Male To Female Jumper Cable Dupont Wire". Figured out the empty holes of my button cable adaptor of case, and connect the jumper straight to mobo pins.
It wasn't so hard after all, i just needed to figure it out. It took some time to find the right holes and finally it worked.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS