[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 620 MT graphics card

Alexlopez_001

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
I have a Dell Inspiron 620 MT with an Intel Core i3 with 4gb of DDR3 RAM (which I plan on upgrading to 8gb), a 1tb HDD and a 300 watt PSU . What graphics card would I be able to put in?

Last edited:
Solution
A used GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti would be your best bet.

Your desktop has a power supply of 300 Watts which cannot run anything more than a GTX 1050 Ti.

You will also need to upgrade your RAM to 8 GB.

Which is only possible after you remove both your 2 GB sticks.

Or just replace one of the sticks with a 4 GB DDR3 RAM. 1333 MHz, 1.5 V and make it 6 GB.
This is large case, you can put any card you want inside, as long as the PSU (you did not say what it is) can handle it (eg has proper power connectors for that card).

You can swap the CPU if yours does not have these power outputs. Of course, make sure you don't put Ferrari engine into Yugo either.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
A used GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti would be your best bet.

Your desktop has a power supply of 300 Watts which cannot run anything more than a GTX 1050 Ti.

You will also need to upgrade your RAM to 8 GB.

Which is only possible after you remove both your 2 GB sticks.

Or just replace one of the sticks with a 4 GB DDR3 RAM. 1333 MHz, 1.5 V and make it 6 GB.

Last edited:
Solution

Alexlopez_001

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
This is large case, you can put any card you want inside, as long as the PSU (you did not say what it is) can handle it (eg has proper power connectors for that card).

You can swap the CPU if yours does not have these power outputs. Of course, make sure you don't put Ferrari engine into Yugo either.
I believe it has a 300 watt PSU