[SOLVED] dell inspiron bios update

Mina Saleh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
i have a dell inspiron 15R 5520 laptop
i'm currently having trouble with the charger as it keeps saying "charger watt not detected and bla bla bla"
anyway the charger is working fine cause i tried it on another dell laptop and it worked fine
the difference is that the other laptop has an updated bios while mine dont
so i figured maybe that's it
so i tried downloading the bios from DELL support website and ran it as an admin and BOOF
it said it cant run with charge less than 10%
then i tried the trick where u edit the flags in the platform file in the bios update but still no
then i came across this on dell support
https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln129956/dell-bios-updates?lang=en

and tried to update from usb
and this happened
XFTzVnl.jpg

it keeps saying test
i named the file al for short if anyone asks btw

so anyone have a solution?
and plz plz plz for the love of what's dear don't suggest that i replace the charger , battery or buy a new one................. the title is clearly asing for a solution or workaround for bios update and not on tips to replace battery or charger

Solution
and as for how i fixed the charging it's by bending the thin pin inside the adaptor jack just slightly with a tweezers.
dont over bend it tho or it will break.

Mina Saleh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
i'm posting this reply so that whoever comes across this post knows the answer
here is what i got from dell technicians
  • flashing bios is disabled from dos. u cant do it from a usb even if you followed the steps on their forum on how to flash from dos.
  • you won't be able to flash with a dead battery or an unrecognized charger even if you use "FORCEIT" command
only solution is to replace whatever is making your battery stops charging

Mina Saleh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
and as for how i fixed the charging it's by bending the thin pin inside the adaptor jack just slightly with a tweezers.
dont over bend it tho or it will break.

Solution