Question Dell inspiron boot from cd

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,
I am desperate and angry. Bought a dell 15 300 laptop with ubunto on it. Want to change to win 7.
Yet it refuses to boot the cd.
Please help !! I have pictures of the bios but how do I add them from my phone ?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you get into BIOS after powering up? You can try pressing down on ESC or F2 soon after powering up, get into BIOS and see what the primary boot devices options are. You should be able to set the primary boot device to be the optical drive. Save and exit and then wait for the installer to kick in.

Jun 26, 2019
Can you get into BIOS after powering up? You can try pressing down on ESC or F2 soon after powering up, get into BIOS and see what the primary boot devices options are. You should be able to set the primary boot device to be the optical drive. Save and exit and then wait for the installer to kick in.
Been there done that. The cd was not in the boot sequence options. After some digging I dissabled in the sata operatio section the ahci or something like that optiom and cd drive was visible in boot sequence. Put it first yet it still refuses to boot from it and not visible in f12 .
Will enter ubuntu to post pics of the bios.