Question Dell Inspiron boots but screen doesn't work (external monitor does)

Oct 10, 2022
Hi, I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Dell N5050 the screen worked fine through the installation process but now will not come on once Windows has loaded. If I connect an external VGA monitor that one works fine. When I click on "Display Settings"->Detect" it only finds the external monitor.

The process is: power up and the Dell screen comes on, then Windows 10 logo on a black screen appears with the rotating dots as Windows loads. Once that is done the screen backlight is on (light around the edges) but the screen is black. I then connect the external VGA and can complete the log in process.

I thought it might be a driver issue I could roll back but under Display Adapters there is only an Intel HD Graphics 3000 entry (and roll back is greyed out) and only the Generic PnP Monitor under Monitors

Oct 10, 2022
Once the power is turned on the Dell logo appears with boot options then the Windows Logo appears with the revolving dot circle as windows loads then the screen goes blank. Images below (apologies for the glare)
Power on
ji6H6uP.jpg

Windows Logo
fvaE7ya.jpg

Windows Loading
6m16c24.jpg

Windows Loaded - just backlit blank screen

VGA External monitor plugged in
Smb26Ua.jpg