Dell Inspiron Duo Now Shipping December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
What version of Windows 7 Home premuim 32bit or 64bit? If it's the 64bit version it should at least come with 4gb of ram especially for the 600 dollar price tag.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
@Steel it's 32-bit.

[citation][nom]Original Article[/nom]Dell and Microsoft are running a special on the duo and the docking station. You can buy both for $599 if you order between now and December 2.[/citation]

I just checked their website and the Duo is $549 and the docking station is an extra $100, no special deal here. I have to say, it looks good and I wouldn't mind having one but not for the $650 price tag.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I 'would' get one, but, the battery life sucks a bit and I'd have to darn well change the Hard drive to a SSD. Windows 7 Touch features can drag when the hard drive is doing it's thing but SSD really does make the difference.

(Owned latitude XT and XT2, Archos 9, Acer 1820ptz, HP TC1100 etc etc. perks of being I.T. manager)

I do like the default screen resolution as it lets people change the display DPI to 125%, ensuring that closing windows and tabs is MUCH, MUCH easier. Dell... all you had to do was add a damn bigger battery or, heck, an additional battery slice like the HP Envy 13.

Why don't these oems get it?? Looks to Acer and it's 10" tablet (Given up waiting for someone to get and review the HP Slate 500)

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I wouldn't go so far to call it 'crap'. 'IF' Dell had slapped a better battery on the thing it would be quite a good buy that I'd probably go for. As it stands, I don't want to be rushing back to a power socket when the competition (even though the iPad isn't a pc) lasts one heck of a lot longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS