Dell Inspiron funny startup when plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2018
I have a Dell 15-3521. W8.1.

I just replaced the dc power jack because no adapters were being recognized when plugged in.

Now for some reason when I start the laptop while plugged in it will start to an all white screen instead of bios splash. I have to restart once then it works fine on the bios screen but as the Windows logo appears there are different colored lines throughout the screen.

The strange thing, when I start the laptop on battery. It starts fine. Also when I plug the charger in when Windows is already loaded and sitting on the desktop, it works fine and charges fine. Just seems to have problems when starting it while it's already plugged in?

Edit- Also, it doesn't lag or get hot. Nothing like that. Runs perfectly fine. Just startup while plugged in is crazy.

Nov 3, 2018
I don't want to jinx it but so far hasnt happened today. Funny thing is I spilled a tiny bit of water on it last night so took everything apart and let it sit. Works fine and hasn't done the white screen so i'm thinking possibly the ram or lcd cable was loose? That's my only guess but we'll see if it starts again.

Nov 3, 2018
Nope, its back. I don't understand. Turns on to all white screen, I have to hit the power button manually and once I restart its fine. It's just that initial power up will have a white screen.

Nov 3, 2018
Sorry, I keep talking to myself here.

No idea why I didn't think of this before. So I hooked up to an external. Powered on the laptop, white screen but the external is regular. Shows the actual desktop. So I am guessing either bad screen or cable? If im lucky a loose cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.