Question Dell Inspiron Laptop Issue

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Dell Inspiron 7373 Laptop loses network connectivity after waking up from sleep. The laptop is connected to a WD15 dock through usb-c. monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc... are connected to dock. Laptop is set to sleep after 1 hour of no use. When I use it after an hour I have to press the button on the corner of the dock to wake up the laptop. This takes at least 20 secs which seems to be extremely slow to me. Once the laptop is back up there is no network connection. I am connected with a network cable directly to router but wifi is also on. No internet. The only way to get an internet connection back up is to restart the laptop every time. Getting pretty annoyed at this. Already wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows. DID NOT HELP AT ALL! I'm at the point where I just want to smash the laptop and buy something new. Definitely not DELL! . This is more of just a RANT to Vent. I'm not expecting anyone to respond here. Any suggestions?????????????????????
<Moderator Edit for Content>

Last edited by a moderator:

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
you could set it where the laptop doesnt go to sleep. otherwise the only thing i can think of would be to get a new laptop, my old dell laptop has the same issue, ive replaced the wifi card, the hdd, reinstalled windows, reset bios configs. nothing works, i later upgraded to my pc but it was heck trying to do anything on that laptop, i also couldnt change the setting of when it went to sleep.

sbgardne

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Dell Inspiron 7373 Laptop loses network connectivity after waking up from sleep. The laptop is connected to a WD15 dock through usb-c. monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc... are connected to dock. Laptop is set to sleep after 1 hour of no use. When I use it after an hour I have to press the button on the corner of the dock to wake up the laptop. This takes at least 20 secs which seems to be extremely slow to me. Once the laptop is back up there is no network connection. I am connected with a network cable directly to router but wifi is also on. No internet. The only way to get an internet connection back up is to restart the laptop every time. Getting pretty annoyed at this. Already wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows. DID NOT HELP AT ALL! I'm at the point where I just want to smash the laptop and buy something new. Definitely not DELL! . This is more of just a RANT to Vent. I'm not expecting anyone to respond here. Any suggestions?????????????????????
<Moderator Edit for Content>

Is your wired/dead network connection delivered via the WD15 dock?

It sounds like the "sleep after 1 hour" setting is being executed by the dock. Have you extended the sleep time to 2 hours to see if the setting propagates to the dock consistently?

I'm battling a sleep issue with a Lat 7230, noticing now that there are BIOS updates for my dock WD19TBS. I'll update after updates.