Dell Inspiron N4030 with serious issues / recovery problem

africapc

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Last august we bought a Dell inspiron N4030 to use for office purposes from home, in December it would suddenly not boot anymore and we brought it back since it was (and still is) under warranty. We got it back after three weeks with all data wiped out and a new windows (7) on it, to my surprise also all the original Dell software was gone.
Now the same machine is again constantly having issues, it is constantly freezing and gets into blue screen all the time although not a lot of CPU and RAM seem to be in use. Therefore my idea was to start up fresh and restore the system to its default.

As recommended by the manufacturer I had created a recovery back up on a USB flash drive for this occasion, however now that I want to use it the system does not seem to recognize it... what can I do?

Sending it back for warranty will mean to again loose it for two or three weeks, with the current work load we can't afford it, and on top of it we will get it back with unsupported settings...

And just for the records... we live in Kenya and warranties may probably not be handled as they usually are...

Thanks for your advice!

Dell_Kaushal_C

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
My name is Kaushal from Dell/Social Media Outreach and will request to visit following websites to download all the preloaded software(s/w) and drivers.

htttp://support.dell.com
or
http://smartsource.dell.com

And for the data which is backed up using a utility or s/w, it requires the same s/w to be installed to retrieve the backed up files. From experience I can imagine the s/w name could be Dell Data Safe or in case any other please find the same on the listed websites or get to the owners of the s/w used to back files to the external source.

Thank-You & keep posting…

Dell_Kaushal C

africapc

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I have done that (downloaded Dell Data Safe) but it wouldn't work anyway, and returned it to the store for warranty.

Best regards

shelby_mich

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi!
I'm Michelle, I'm having a problem with my N4030 dell laptop.
It's that I can't restore it cause I can't click/choose the drive where all my programs is in or my OS.
Please help me what to do, cause after it got lowbat with a usb still attach on it. There are words appearing when I start my laptop saying can't check OS and my Anti-virus won't work anymore.

Pls. help...

TRENDING THREADS