MinecraftKid45

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
So, I have the following:
400w PSU
GTX 950
VGA/DVI Monitor
USB Wi-Fi adapter

I want to use an external GPU for my laptop, but so far after everything is properly connected, it's just a Black Screen on boot.
The adapter has a switch that is supposedly suppose to help with this compatibility issues for some Laptops...it does nothing for mine :(

I know this all works, because I have another laptop (Acer Aspire One D270 Netbook) with Intel Graphics also, when I try to use the adapter with it, it works PERFECT!

I really do not want to use that laptop for gaming.

Does anybody know how to possibly fix this issue?
I mean, everything is connected right and I know it works because if I remove the external power via 6-pin adapter, the GPU complains about it with a black screen and white words.

Also, when it is like this, I can press the power for 1 second and the system turns off.
But when it's only a Black Screen, I have to hold it down for 3-5 seconds.

Any ideas for this laptop? I saw a video on YouTube of a guy with a Dell Inspiron N5110 using this and everything working great.

So, maybe a step-down from that laptop would work?
The integrated graphics in the laptop are Intel HD Graphics, and are OKAY when it comes to like Minecraft and other Java-Based Games, but not really for more intensive games.

I want to be able to record Minecraft with shaders preferablly SEUS Standard.
This is why, and the recording software I use doesn't affect the FPS by really that much 5-6 on high quality.

Thanks!

Reactions: AbbieJr
Sep 18, 2020
Hi sir
Did you find out how to fix Dell Inspiron N5010 black screen when connected to the exp gdc because I am also struggling to do it and I have been trying for 3 following days. Please help