Question Dell Inspiron N7110 Operating System not Found

Emohobo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 that had a bad hard drive in it. First I put a brand new drive in and tried to install Windows 7 via USB, but when booting to the USB it came up just with "Operating system not found." I know the USB stick with Win7 works, as I use it quite often. I then put an SSD out of one of my laptops in this laptop and booted to the SSD, and same issue of "Operating system not found". This SSD definitely has Windows 10 on it, and is the SSD I'm on to type this article. I've googled around and everyone says that it's usually something like the drive wasn't seated correctly or run dell's diagnostics etc. I've tried all of those solutions but to no avail, so I've come here to see if maybe it is a BIOS setting that I'm unaware of that is causing an issue. Any help is appreciated! If you need any extra info just ask and I can provide,

Emohobo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
When you get to the part of the install process where you select a location to install to, is the drive detected?
I actually don't even get that far, it boots up, goes past POST, then immediately just says "No Operating System Found". I have boot priority set for the USB first, but I've also tried to just set it to boot from a SSD that already has an OS on it that works perfectly and it's not detecting the operating system.