Dell Introduces World's First InfinityEdge Monitors And 30-inch OLED Monitor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_550

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
$349 for a 24" 1080 @ 60hz..... Are they for real?

You do know that there are quite a few more metrics beside resolution and refresh rate that determines the monitor picture quality riiiight....

Yes I understand that. Thing is most 1080p's in that price range are @ 144hz, 1ms, and have G-Sync, or they double as a touch screen. This doesn't appear to have either.

Most 24" 1080 screens don't have the color accuracy this one does. This one also has two DP jacks, a DP out jack, a USB 3.0 hub, and a fully adjustable stand. Again, features the majority of 1080 displays lack.

Matt_550

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Most 24" 1080 screens don't have the color accuracy this one does. This one also has two DP jacks, a DP out jack, a USB 3.0 hub, and a fully adjustable stand. Again, features the majority of 1080 displays lack.

So basically it is a hobbyist Image-editing screen.

Matt_550

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Not every new computer product needs to be gaming-centric to be valuable or impressive.

I get that, but it seems like a niche product to me with a limited market. Especially with image/video-editing being preferable on displays with more pixels(1440, 4k or 5k). I get that not everyone can or wants to spend that kind of money on a higher end display and this may be the perfect monitor for them. Time will tell what the market is, because if the market is small and they overproduce the price will fall.

Dell's UltraSharp line ( which this is ) has been aimed at professionals for years. The monitors looks great, but outside of big clearance deals most consumers don't want to pay for them. Same goes for Intel's i7. I know a lot of us talk about it a lot on the forums, but the vast majority of users get a different CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.