[SOLVED] Dell IPKBL-VM Motherboard

Jul 6, 2021
I have a Dell IPKBL-VM Motherboard that I'm not receiving any audio out of. I've done all the audio tests and checks, reloaded drivers, rebooted, and still no audio out. When checking sound output and input in settings I can see signals from the microphone and the Master properties, but still no audio.

Any clues to what I can either check next or is it chuck the MB and get a new one?

Thanks, S

Solution
you have also tried different devices on different audio ports also with no sound?

many times it can just be a driver conflict within the OS.
if the OS has a corrupted driver or related setting than reinstalling the motherboard drivers may not help.
i would first try a fresh OS install or loading a previous restore point from before the issue arose.
is it chuck the MB and get a new one?
if it's a Dell proprietary motherboard in a Dell proprietary case it may not be viable or even possible to replace\upgrade the motherboard.

it may be a much better plan to just rebuild a new system in a non-OEM scenario.
If its using realtek audio software, in hardware-software control panel of windows, make sure it is set as default.
Check around bing and google to see if you can find updated drivers past 2015 Realtek ALC3861.

If you do find newer drivers, install them, reboot the machine and you still get zero sound..
I highly recommend you find a better used motherboard replacement or get rid of the system in general.

you have also tried different devices on different audio ports also with no sound?

if the OS has a corrupted driver or related setting than reinstalling the motherboard drivers may not help.
i would first try a fresh OS install or loading a previous restore point from before the issue arose.
is it chuck the MB and get a new one?
if it's a Dell proprietary motherboard in a Dell proprietary case it may not be viable or even possible to replace\upgrade the motherboard.

it may be a much better plan to just rebuild a new system in a non-OEM scenario.

Solution
Jul 6, 2021
If its using realtek audio software, in hardware-software control panel of windows, make sure it is set as default.
Check around bing and google to see if you can find updated drivers past 2015 Realtek ALC3861.

If you do find newer drivers, install them, reboot the machine and you still get zero sound..
I highly recommend you find a better used motherboard replacement or get rid of the system in general.

Thanks maikutech and JohnBonhamsGhost,

Yes, it is a Dell OEM board, and I do have Realtek and everything is up to date. The approx 4-5 yr old system is Intel i7 64 bit OS and 16 GB RAM. Always has worked well, until this audio problem. May just try and change out the MB. Thanks for your help. Cheers, S

Jul 6, 2021

Thanks @maikutech and @JohnBonhamsGhost,

Yes, it is a Dell OEM board, and I do have Realtek and everything is up to date. The approx 4-5 yr old system is Intel i7 64 bit OS and 16 GB RAM. Always has worked well, until this audio problem. May just try and change out the MB. Thanks for your help. Cheers, S

Jul 6, 2021
A follow-up to a successful resolution - First, I did not need to replace the MB.

I was able to order an < Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 3165NGW 433Mbps BT 4.0 WLAN Card MHK36 For Dell > on eBay. Took almost a month to arrive, but I installed it, renewed the drivers, and bingo - got my sound back. What was even better, the Intel card only cost me $9.99

Cheers, S

TRENDING THREADS