Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

> More people buy GM automobiles than any other. Would you call them good
> values or excellent cars? I think not.

Where are you getting this GM data from? I haven't checked recently,
but for many years in a row, the Honda Accord was the best selling car,
as well as being highly rated by Consumer Reports.

--

John Richards

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

> "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
> > Irene wrote:
> >
> > > Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative
reports
> on a
> > > company that you are considering doing business with.
> >
> > Now this sounds like good advice.
> >

> Then you apparently do not understand todays BBB.
>
> They only maintain files on 'their members. Now their members pay a dues
> each year so who exactly do you suppose they are going to side with?
>
> If you want to make a complaint that means anything your state AG or
> Consumer Affairs office is the only worthwhile route.

To make it really effective, send them to the Texas agencies (where Dell is
headquartered).

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> Dells are the worst PCs made, except for anybody else.

<crosspost slashed>

WTF. It would appear you need to change your bong water, dood.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

Where are you getting your numbers from, the Accord has not outsold the
whole GM product line.
He didn't specify a specific model, like you did. He specified a brand.
Brands: GM = Honda,
Models: Accord = Caprice

Nice try!

"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
message news:BqlBc.3043$uQ.1248@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...
> > More people buy GM automobiles than any other. Would you call them good
> > values or excellent cars? I think not.
>
> Where are you getting this GM data from? I haven't checked recently,
> but for many years in a row, the Honda Accord was the best selling car,
> as well as being highly rated by Consumer Reports.
>
> --
>
> John Richards

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

> Actually, no. Where I work we unfortunately and mistakedly switched to
dell
> from IBM for the desktop side of things. I feel sorry for the people who
> have to use and support them. They are in for a lot of work when the
POS's
> break down. But it was management being lazy asses and wanting someone
else
> to track purchases which Dell agreed to do. But the lost productivity
will
> be large. IBM has the BEST corporate PC management suite out there, and
> they are no more expensive than the POS Dellboxen that they order now...
>
> But, where we need reliability (servers, which is my area), it will be a
> cold day in HELL before we buy a DELL. We need reliability, something
they
> don't offer.

Really, we have over 800 Dell workstaions and 17 servers. Over the last 6
years I have replaced 3 hard drives, 5 cd rom drives and 1 monitor.
Breakdowns, HA. I have never had a single problem with the servers, other
than tape drives, which by the way were not supplied by Dell. Going with
Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them because
there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another 1500. And
yes we've looked at the IBM's.

striker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

What does this have to do with Verizon Cellular?

"skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
> > Actually, no. Where I work we unfortunately and mistakedly switched to
> dell
> > from IBM for the desktop side of things. I feel sorry for the people
who
> > have to use and support them. They are in for a lot of work when the
> POS's
> > break down. But it was management being lazy asses and wanting someone
> else
> > to track purchases which Dell agreed to do. But the lost productivity
> will
> > be large. IBM has the BEST corporate PC management suite out there, and
> > they are no more expensive than the POS Dellboxen that they order now...
> >
> > But, where we need reliability (servers, which is my area), it will be a
> > cold day in HELL before we buy a DELL. We need reliability, something
> they
> > don't offer.
>

> Really, we have over 800 Dell workstaions and 17 servers. Over the last 6
> years I have replaced 3 hard drives, 5 cd rom drives and 1 monitor.
> Breakdowns, HA. I have never had a single problem with the servers, other
> than tape drives, which by the way were not supplied by Dell. Going with
> Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
because
> there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another 1500.
And
> yes we've looked at the IBM's.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

" Going with
> > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
> because
> > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another 1500."

Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
discovered they are very dissatisfied too.

Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.

"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>" Going with
>> > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
>> because
>> > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
>> > 1500."
>
> Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
> credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
> service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
> I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
> with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
> I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
> discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
>
> Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.

<crosspost slashed, again>

In this newsgroup or any other, beware of posters who use superlatives such
as "always, never, everyone, everybody, best, worst" so forth without
qualifying their remarks. Be doubly suspcious of those who crosspost while
doing so.

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

> In this newsgroup or any other, beware of posters who use superlatives
such
> as "always, never, everyone, everybody, best, worst" so forth without
> qualifying their remarks.

I would agree, at least in part. "best" and "worst", in my experience are
usually based on one's personal experience and should probably being
accepted as such. But, you are right about "always, never, everyone,
everybody" and most other all inclusive terms.

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

> "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >" Going with
> >> because
> >
> > Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
> > credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
> > service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
> > I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
> > with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
> > I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
> > discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
> >
> > Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
>
> <crosspost slashed, again>
>

> In this newsgroup or any other, beware of posters who use superlatives
such
> as "always, never, everyone, everybody, best, worst" so forth without
> qualifying their remarks. Be doubly suspcious of those who crosspost
while
> doing so.
>

> Stew

Be triply suspicous of posters that can't handle criticsim
toward a company being criticsized.

I think these forums are a great way to warn other consumers from getting
ripped off. No hidden agenda here, how about you?

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> " Going with
> > > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
> > because
> > > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
1500."

> Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
> credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
> service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
> I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
> with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
> I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
> discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
>
> Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> " Going with
> > > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
> > because
> > > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
1500."

> Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
> credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
> service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
> I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
> with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
> I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
> discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
>
> Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always received
what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
road. And that's over a 6 year period.

> Be triply suspicous of posters that can't handle criticsim
> toward a company being criticsized.
>
> I think these forums are a great way to warn other consumers from getting
> ripped off. No hidden agenda here, how about you?

Thanks for removing the crosspost.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

I love my dell laptops..... I work for a fortune 100 and Dell is
standard issue.

We had IBM on the standards list for a while. I had one for 2 months
and told them to go and get me a dell. I think HP is now on the
standards list but most folks opt for dells.

BTW I also "help" freinds get thier PC, I love Dell quality (for
server, desktops and laptops) and rarely have an issue.

skids wrote:
> I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always received
> what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
> road. And that's over a 6 year period.
>
> "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>" Going with

>>> because

> 1500."
>
>>Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
>>credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
>>service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
>>I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
>>with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
>>I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
>>discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
>>
>>Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.

FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
them. We used their machines ourselves and placed thousands with
clients. Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change:
they couldn't get anything straight; their customer service went to hell
and, as to getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they
basically have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first
make sure the customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund
or credit barely worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.

"Peter Ross" <pross@att.net> wrote in message

> skids wrote:
>> I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always received
>> what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
>> road. And that's over a 6 year period.
>>
>> "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>" Going with

>> 1500."
>>
>>>Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
>>>credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
>>>service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
>>>I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
>>>with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
>>>I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
>>>discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
>>>
>>>Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
>>

> FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
> them. We used their machines ourselves and placed thousands with clients.
> Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change: they couldn't
> get anything straight; their customer service went to hell and, as to
> getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they basically
> have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first make sure the
> customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund or credit barely
> worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.

I had a similar experience with Intuit and CDW. The way things were
handled, it might lead one to believe that the vendor is simply attempting
to beat down the customer's will to get a credit/refund/exchange.

I got pissed and ultimately won out via my CC company after about 90 days.

Stew

"Peter Ross" <pross@att.net> wrote in message

> FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
> them. >snip<

Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change:
> they couldn't get anything straight; their customer service went to hell
> and, as to getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they
> basically have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first
> make sure the customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund
> or credit barely worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.

We have had the same experience with Dell, starting early last year. We have
also quit buying from Dell.

"Peter Ross" <pross@att.net> wrote in message

> skids wrote:
> > I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always
received
> > what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
> > road. And that's over a 6 year period.
> >
> > "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>" Going with

> > 1500."
> >
> >>Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
> >>credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
> >>service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
> >>I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
> >>with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
> >>I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
> >>discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
> >>
> >>Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
> >

> FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
> them. We used their machines ourselves and placed thousands with
> clients. Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change:
> they couldn't get anything straight; their customer service went to hell
> and, as to getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they
> basically have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first
> make sure the customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund
> or credit barely worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

ok