Question Dell laptop not working on battery after water damage but it's working on direct power.

legendaryman

Honorable
Sep 27, 2014
26
0
10,530
0
I was out for a day, and it was raining, the water pour on laptop from window of my room, usually it doesn't come but due heavy rains it came, i returned home, turn on laptop, watch my favourite series had dinner, it run perfectly fine for 30 minutes then it shut down(complete turn off not OS shutdown)automatically, i tried to turn it ON but it doesn't get ON, then i noticed water, lots of water near charging area, then i understood the situation, i quickly removed battery, disassembled it completely, each and every part, lucky there was every less or no water on actual mother board and the board had plastic guard so, no water has touched it but the charging port had some water inside it. Then next day i arranged isopropyl alchohol 99 percent, clean each and every part with it and placed the board in 200 watt bulb for some heat, for 3 days, after that i assembled every thing..

Now the main problem starts

  1. I can use laptop for hours it is working completely fine but only on direct power adaptor without battery and only problem is sometimes heatsink fan doesn't work
  2. When i connect battery, it doesn't turn on and battery is not dead it has some charge (i am 100 sure)
  3. When i plug power when battery is inside, it doesn't turn on, instead it shows orange color led in battery indicator, i am using this laptop 3 yrs, i never saw orange led blink at place usually it only shows white led color
  4. Sometimes heatsink fan is not working, it's just randomly stops and starts, i had to check everytime if it's running or not, as the laptop getting shutdown automatically due to overheating. But when if fan is running, it never get shutdown (in this point shutdown means not OS type shutdown but it's just completely turn off without indicating anything).
5.can you tell me, what happened to my laptop and which part might damaged and is it worth to repair it.


OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200206044507.000000+330
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3360M CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Hard Drives: C: 124 GB (29 GB Free); D: 82 GB (8 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 16 GB (6 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0F761C, ver A02, s/n /1VNWWW1/CN1296136607E3/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 1VNWWW1
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
 

Krotow

Commendable
Oct 2, 2019
1,044
263
1,590
17
Remove battery ASAP. Do it now. Then get out remaining water and get your laptop (with battery) to repair service.

Explanation: Powered conductors in wet electronics do nice and fuzzy electrolysis. Which damage circuit boards and components by corroding and shorting them. That is why it is important to disconnect any power from wet electronics until device is properly dried.
 
Reactions: legendaryman

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS