[SOLVED] Dell laptop randomly wakes from sleep

Apr 1, 2018
I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm so confused as to why my computer wakes up. I've disabled wake timers and auto maintenance before, and it solved rhe problem temporarily. Today, the issue came back to haunt me. Any help is appreciated and, I think this might be because of the windows update? At night, I don't close my laptop lid because my keyboard is there, should I close my laptop lid? Any help is appreciated, I think I'll have to disable wake on LAN in my bios if that's even a thing? Does it have anything to do with the "no email program associated" popup on every single bootup? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Power options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings. There you can control what your laptop does under various conditions. Usually closing the lid puts the computer in sleep mode which can be awakened by updates coming in, but you have the ability to change that as you wish.
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Power options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings. There you can control what your laptop does under various conditions. Usually closing the lid puts the computer in sleep mode which can be awakened by updates coming in, but you have the ability to change that as you wish.

Solution