Question Overclocking Intel Atom CPU on Dell Latitude 2120 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby9261

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
I own a Dell Latitude 2120
Intel Atom N455
Intel NM10
FCBGA559
Intel GMA3150

I have read about people over clocking these processors, Ive tried several programs and I get a SMbus error (Yes my SMS driver is installed) or a PLL byte error. Ive tried 2 different clock generator #'s and both give me errors. Does anyone have any experience over clocking these ? As I said I know other people who have been able to and also I have a friend and I guess its just his luck he got a 4gb ram stick to work on the 2120 and supposedly its 2gb max.

I am using Windows 7 Ultra 32-bit

Thanks

-Walt

You're not going to be able to overclock on an OEM PC like the Dell Latitude 2120. OEMs lock that stuff down so that people can't cause warranty/replacement issues. About the only place you find any hints of OC ability in OEM PCs is in the Gam3r lines (Dell Alienware, HP Omen, etc etc)

Atom N455 can't OC as far as I'm aware. Regardless, even a 100% OC on that 11 year old 1c/2t CPU isn't going to make it worth using.

Hopefully this is just a fun experiment in a free machine, and not your daily driver.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Dec 17, 2021
We have to take many precautions while overclocking your Intel Atom N455.

intel atom processors are not really designed to OC :( Plus you have an oem machine like me :(

(its called bad luck dude )

Status
Not open for further replies.