Question Dell Latitude 7280 locking up after drive wipe and clean

DonkeyFlem5

Honorable
Jul 15, 2014
Hey guys,

I recently wiped the drive of my Dell Latitude 7280.
I reinstalled the same OS that was on it before. However, no matter what I do the damn thing locks up wither on the initial lock screen or soon after I enter my password and enter in to the desktop environment.
Sometimes I get a bluescreen error, but from my diagnostic test and general trouble shooting all the actual hardware seems to be in immaculate shape. I think it could be in some firmware issue with SSD but I am really not sure. It works fine in safe mode. Never crashes out. I’ve tried clean boots, linux and windows 7 but nothing works. I’ve reinstalled Windows 10 on it but still no luck.
I would love any suggestions or help because the Laptop is unusable in this state and I am back to college in a couple weeks and I really need it back in fighting form.
I’ve researched a bunch of forms online but couldn’t get nothing that worked for others to do the same for me.

Many thanks,
Owen.

cognus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
do you have another hd you can try? Did you try changing the bios settings for UEFI vs legacy and secure boot? Try return to factory defaults in BIOS? you don't say what you mean by "lock up". If the condition occurs at the pulling up of the user account and/or [[more so] after password for the user account, then you probably have Account default corruption. pull up in safe mode and create a new administrator account and try it. if i has the same behavior, find a different copy of windows [you didn't specify which] and pull the default user profile, copy, paste into windows core files... i forget the path but google it