Question Dell Latitude D430 won't boot up into the system after fresh installation of Windows 7

Dec 10, 2019
Let me explain first what I am dealing here with. After few hours of trying to instal windows XP on Dell Latitude D430 (crashes in the middle of installation) with few CDs and USB drives and also few Windows 7 USB and CD drives i finaly somehow succeed in installation of Windows 7.
During the installation of Windows 7 after first restart i got an error message "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered and unexpected error.Windows instalation cannot procced." I fixed this by editing registry values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\ChildCompletion and then editing the "setup.exe" seting value from 0 to 3. After this Windows installation normaly continued and finished successfully, but the laptop is going
into restart on "welcome screen" and i am unable to get into the Desktop; but i am amble to get into Safe Mode.
I am sure there is a way to edit registry keys some more to get pass this issue and finaly get into the Windows.
This is my first post, and i am sorry if my english isn't that good. I am new tehnician guy soon to be 3 years in IT.
Thanks in advance who ever read this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS