Question Dell Latitude D630 A19 BIOS Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2020
Looking for the A19 BIOS for Dell Latitude D630 laptop. The A19 BIOS on the Dell site is corrupt (I've confirmed this with 3rd party vendor having same issue).

I have searched many driver download sites with no success.

Hoping someone has the A19 BIOS update sitting out on a hard drive that can be sent to me via email/Google Drive, etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sep 14, 2020
Appreciate quick response.

A19 BIOS update downloads from Dell Support site as .exe, however, it won't install - giving a generic exception error that doesn't really help in finding a solution other then myself confirming issue with Dell and a 3rd party vendor (who is having the same issue with the A19 update).

Looking for the A19 BIOS for Dell Latitude D630 laptop. The A19 BIOS on the Dell site is corrupt (I've confirmed this with 3rd party vendor having same issue).

I have searched many driver download sites with no success.

Hoping someone has the A19 BIOS update sitting out on a hard drive that can be sent to me via email/Google Drive, etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
What, specifically, is "corrupt" about this BIOS? I've downloaded/flashed that same BIOS from the Dell site many times over the years without a single issue. What did Dell say when you contacted them?

Reactions: Barty1884

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

A19 BIOS update downloads from Dell Support site as .exe, however, it won't install - giving a generic exception error that doesn't really help in finding a solution other then myself confirming issue with Dell and a 3rd party vendor (who is having the same issue with the A19 update).

Giving you an error doesn't make the file/executable "corrupt".
There may be ways around, such as forcing the .exe to run via command prompt etc, but it should 'just work'.

If you suspect the issue sits on Dell's end, I'd suggest you contact them. Even if the .exe is fine, they're more likely to have heard about any issue.

Are you attempting to install from within Windows or the DOS environment? Using the Windows environment is dicey at best. The DOS method is far more reliable.

You can get a DOS boot disk image from here: https://www.allbootdisks.com/download/dos.html

Sep 14, 2020
I have also downloaded BIOS updates (along with other drivers) from Dell site for many, many years. The previous file for the A19 BIOS for the D630 was dated way back in 2010 or so. The date now on the A19 BIOS is June 8, 2020 (odd that Dell would continue supporting the D630 BIOS for this long . . . . . )

The Dell rep I chatted with online stated they would pass the information along to those who maintain drivers. Not planning on getting a response anytime soon from that :)

Sep 14, 2020
Are you attempting to install from within Windows or the DOS environment? Using the Windows environment is dicey at best. The DOS method is far more reliable.

I've done both from within Windows (which I've done many, many times before without issue) as well as from outside Windows, i.e., PE USB, command prompt, etc.

I'm a seasoned IT engineer with 35+ years experience in the field. I've done my due diligence with using the Dell site BIOS update. Just looking for someone that has the A19 BIOS update for the Dell Latitude D630 sitting on their hard drive or USB drive.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020
If you suspect the issue sits on Dell's end, I'd suggest you contact them. Even if the .exe is fine, they're more likely to have heard about any issue.

Read other posts. I've already contacted Dell about the issue - with no help. Thus the reason why I'm posting to find someone that has the A19 BIOS update from before the current BIOS update on the Dell support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.