Question Dell Latitude e5400 screen. Model # B141ew05 v.3 do i need the same exact screen?

MerlinsMtn

Reputable
Jun 25, 2019
I have a Dell Latitude e5400 and i am replacing the screen but i cannot find the exact same screen without paying more than the laptop is worth. The one i took out is a Model# B141ew05 v.3 . I found a reasonably priced screen but it is v.5 will it make a difference or do i need the exact same one ? Also can someone please explain the numbers and letters to me. I know the B is a AU Optronics manufacturer and the 141 is the screen size but the ew05 v.3 i am curious about . Thanx for the help

Dec 2, 2019
If you can afford it, you should buy it, everything seems to be the same except the V.5 which i would assume it is a short call for version, most important facts to consider is that they are the same size, same resolution and most importantly have the same PIN, which is 30 pin, your call..

i had 3 laptops which were the same model, except that the model numbers were differing and of course the screens haven't had the same model number and name either, only the pins were the same, and yes, they were all compatible.

Reactions: MerlinsMtn