Dell Latitude E5500 CPU upgrade?

turn_alive

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
What would be a CPU I could upgrade my Dell Latitude E5500 too? Right now it has a Intel Core 2 Dou T7520 & I'm looking at maybe a T8400 or T9300. What would be a good choice for a CPU for my laptop?

*Also too note my CPU is removable on my laptop, just not my GPU sadly*.

Please no rude it unrelated answers

Solution
This list appears to be your best choices for processors supported by that board. I have seen posts that some units came with the T9600, so I am thinking of getting a T9900 for mine. Contrary to the previous answer, the Latitude line is NOT a low end Dell laptop. Quite the contrary, it is their business line of laptops and are generally well built computers. Memory appears to be limited to 2x2Gb DDR2, but I have read many good reviews of running Windows 10 on this system. Mine will get an SSD and be a field laptop as it includes a 9 pin serial post to program Cisco APs and routers.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_%28chipsets%29/GM45_Express.html

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Being that the Latitude series is a "low end" or budget laptop I would look more into getting a new laptop as yours might not have the power behind it to support a newer processor.

randy.lovely

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
This list appears to be your best choices for processors supported by that board. I have seen posts that some units came with the T9600, so I am thinking of getting a T9900 for mine. Contrary to the previous answer, the Latitude line is NOT a low end Dell laptop. Quite the contrary, it is their business line of laptops and are generally well built computers. Memory appears to be limited to 2x2Gb DDR2, but I have read many good reviews of running Windows 10 on this system. Mine will get an SSD and be a field laptop as it includes a 9 pin serial post to program Cisco APs and routers.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_%28chipsets%29/GM45_Express.html

Solution