Question Dell Latitude E6510 BIOS settings

stevec59

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
I hope that someone can help me. My Dell laptop has been working fine for years with a SSD installed.

I had a spare SSD that I wanted to test, so I removed my SSD, installed my spare SSD, installed Windows 10 and the Intel software to test the drive. I've now put my original SSD back in but the laptop won't boot.

I've checked the BIOS and it sees the SSD but I've no idea what the other settings should be, can someone tell me please?

Many thanks

stevec59

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
so, if I going to system information on the primary hard drive I can see the hard drive there. If I go to boot sequence there are a few options there
Boot option list legacy or UEFI, if I set it for legacy, you can then select boot sequence I have internal hard drive selected and USB storage device selected I can then click on view in the boot option list and see internal hard drive as thBoot Option Name, Boot device = BBS and device name is the Intel , so that looks good.
After having a search on the internet I set the SATA Operation to AHCI, put my spare drive in, still no boot (missing O/S), so I rebuilt it, that seems OK.
I've got one of those USB to SATA connectors, so I connected the drive that I want to use to that,but it doesn't see anything, have I messed everything up by trying different BIOS SETTINGS?