Dell Latitude Z is the Ultimate Business Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i think the webcam that functions as a scanner and copier is the coolest feature out of all of them.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]i think the webcam that functions as a scanner and copier is the coolest feature out of all of them.[/citation]
I agree. They (all of them) should have these sooner!

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]The best multi touch track pad I have seen is by Apple. It works great.[/citation]

This is a business laptop not a cute toy for a uptight showoff.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
This is coming from a Dell Latitude owner: Ultimate business laptops = mainstream consumer laptops.

These specs are pathetic:
Specs-wise you're looking at a 16-inch HD display, Intel's Core 2 Duo (1.4GHz to 1.6GHz) with an ARM processor for Latitude ON, support for up to 4GB of RAM

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]This is coming from a Dell Latitude owner: Ultimate business laptops = mainstream consumer laptops.These specs are pathetic:[/citation]

Agreed. I'd push a PO through if it came with a Core i7 Mobile CPU, since my laptop is plugged in most of the day. The portability is that I transport the machine back and forth from work and home. I am not sitting on a plane with my notebook, nor to I use the battery much.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]"the machines multi-touch trackpad"? You mean "the machine's multi-touch trackpad" Eighth grade English Jane...[/citation]

Relax, relax. The fix should be live in a second.

G

Have you ever tried to get anything done on a 1.6 dual core? My 1.8 dual intel is soooo slow. If this machine is not technically retarded, what would it take to persuade you that one was? 500MHz processors and no video card at all?

This isn't the sort of review that bolsters my confidence in Tom's

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
What are you trying to do that is slow, red rover? Most speed issues relating to laptops arise from the hard drive bottleneck. Even a single core system will fly on basic office apps with a good SSD. Obviously video/photo editing and compiling is CPU limited.

G

"HD display"..... nope, it's a "SD plus" resolution of 1600x900. Dell failed again. Dell's products remind me of Swatch watches in so far that you can always fault them on one annoying thing that prevents you from buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.