Dell M4500 Boot Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanPlayz158

Commendable
Apr 28, 2017
My M4500 (got it used on ebay and when I first got it, it had overheating problems but I fixed it by replacing thermal paste) isn't able to boot on battery for some reason. I try to boot my laptop off of the battery (Laptop didn't come with battery so I just bought a compatible battery on ebay) and it doesn't boot after I waited 10:30 Seconds and I wasn't gonna wait any longer because after the 15 second bios boot time it was black screen for the remaining 10:15 seconds and no windows loading or anything. When I plug it into ac without battery (I can do it with battery and ac for same results) and it boots to the windows login screen in 1:43 seconds so, If anyone has any clue why this is happening it would be much appreciated because I haven't found any threads with my issue

Solution
Sounds like the battery you got is not working. Either it was a used battery, which wouldn't shock me, or it is a flawed battery which usually happens with aftermarket ones. I would suggest you return it, get a refund and get a brand new OEM one from a more trustworthy source. It is the only way to make sure you get the right battery and that it should work. Aftermarkets are hit or miss.
Sounds like the battery you got is not working. Either it was a used battery, which wouldn't shock me, or it is a flawed battery which usually happens with aftermarket ones. I would suggest you return it, get a refund and get a brand new OEM one from a more trustworthy source. It is the only way to make sure you get the right battery and that it should work. Aftermarkets are hit or miss.

Solution

Probably a battery problem as mentioned above.. i think it's not that good to use it with rest of the hardware.
OEM will be the option.. never use those unbranded generic batteries from eBay or any other or else you will end up damaging the laptop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.