Dell Mini 10 Specs, Pricing Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Even though Dell touted the Mini 10 as being a higher-end netbook with a 720p display and a TV tuner, the initial shipping model will offer neither.
You said it.. another netbook with all the same specs just with a higher price.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Well, I am not a customer until they get that 720p panel in place, along with the GPS and integrated mobile broadband. Unlocked would be nice DELL!
GPS, 720P and the ability to surf the net while on the road will make this a truely portable must have device. I cannot stand those little 4 inch GPS's. I hate low resolution, there is never enough information on two 1920x1200 screens on my desktop, 720P is the absolute minimum that I would find useful for my use.

My wife is happy with her 1024x600

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]Master Exon[/nom]The bigger screen is the only thing I want...[/citation]
It's not the size the matters, it's how you use it. :)

Btw, I'd prefer higher res' more than just sheer size of the panel (still with crappy res').

G

[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]It's not the size the matters, it's how you use it. Btw, I'd prefer higher res' more than just sheer size of the panel (still with crappy res').[/citation]
I agree completely.
To me the best would be a mininotebook with 9" screen and a 1024x720 to 1366x768 resolution!

I don't care about 3G; people who want to spend little on a (mini)notebook, will also not want to pay monthly 3G fees, and be happy with Wifi.
People who are financially better off might see gold in 3G, but I don't need it.
The most I would need my laptop away from my home wifi, is when I'm using it as a map, routeplanner.
I have a GPS puck to locate myself, and can download maps from the internet for free.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]It's not the size the matters, it's how you use it. Btw, I'd prefer higher res' more than just sheer size of the panel (still with crappy res').[/citation]

Nah, don't be silly. The size pretty much defines how you use it. 1024x600 is too small. They have done studies to prove that higher resolutions increase productivity.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]Master Exon[/nom]Nah, don't be silly. The size pretty much defines how you use it. 1024x600 is too small. They have done studies to prove that higher resolutions increase productivity.[/citation]
Apparently you didn't understand my post. 1024x600 doesn't determine how big the panel/screen is. Technically, you could have a 50" screen that can only do 1024x600, which would be lame. But you could have a 7" screen that can do 1080p like on this SilverStone case http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=cw03&area=usa I'd prefer the 7" over the 50" or 10" in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.