[SOLVED] Dell Mobile workstation

revphelps

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I have a Dell Precision 5510 mobile workstation. According to Dell, this model will not be upgraded to run Windows 11.
Is there a fix that would allow the 5510 to run Win 11?
Tx,
revron

Solution
The Dell 5510 laptops ran 6th gen Core i5s and i7s.

That's the limiting factor right there. It is older than the 8th gens and the few 7th gen X-series CPUs that are the oldest compatible with Win 11. And there's no way around that.

As I understand it, the firmware TPM was updated to v.2, but you would have needed to apply the update software package from Dell specifically for that. Still, it wouldn't solve the CPU limitation.

Other than the hack that supposedly stops the processor check, but I wouldn't really trust that.

joeldf

Commendable
Oct 11, 2021

That's the limiting factor right there. It is older than the 8th gens and the few 7th gen X-series CPUs that are the oldest compatible with Win 11. And there's no way around that.

As I understand it, the firmware TPM was updated to v.2, but you would have needed to apply the update software package from Dell specifically for that. Still, it wouldn't solve the CPU limitation.

Other than the hack that supposedly stops the processor check, but I wouldn't really trust that.

Reactions: revphelps
Solution

revphelps

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

Thanks for the info.
Ron