Question Dell Monitor P2271H

Nov 14, 2020
Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on my Monitor and Graphics card as I cannot seem to get a digital signal from the monitor to the PC graphics card. I have a dell PC with 2 onboard DisplayPorts and an AMD Radeon R5 240 graphics card with a DisplayPort and DVI port. My Dell P2271H monitor has a VGA, DisplayPort and HDMI port so I assume the monitor is digital?
  1. When using a DisplayPort cable between monitor and graphics card I get no signal to the monitor - monitor says no DP signal detected
  2. When using a Display port monitor and DVI-I cable graphics cards I get the same issue and no signal.
  3. When using a VGC cable (Monitor) with a DsiplayPort (Graphics card) connector I get signal but it is analogue (VGA signal) - monitor does work
I cannot seem to get digital signal between the 2.
Also when checking monitor driver in Device manager is says Dell P21271H (Analogue). Although the driver I installed from the dell website says it is for:
- Dell P2217H(Analog) - DELA0D7
- Dell P2217H(HDMI) - DELA0D9
- Dell P2217H(DisplayPort) - DELA0D8

Seems windows only installs the analogue DELA0D7 software. I assume that as the monitor has an HDMI and DisplayPort on it that is should be able to send digital signal?

Thanks for any Advice
Dylscoop

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS