[SOLVED] Dell OptiPlex 3010 MT RAM ISSUE

WumpusTheCoder

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Hi, I recently successfully case swapped my optiplex 3010 MT into an ATX case and everything went smoothly except from when I tried to make it post.
Even though it would not post, everything was plugged in on the MOBO and sounded right.
When trying to fix my problem I removed 1x 4g (I have 2x4g in total) DDR3 ram stick from the 1st (2 TOTAL) DIMM slot on the MOBO and it posted fine. I thought it was a broken ram stick in DIMM 1 (the one I removed) so I switched the sticks over and it still didn't boot. So the ram sticks were ok but there was something else wrong which I could not figure out.....
Please as I do not want to buy/use only 1 DIMM slot as not only is that ridiculous, but I am on a very cheap budget.

I forgot to mention, yes I did rewire everything 100% correctly and the front USBs on the new case work like a charm (tested when only DIMM2 was active with ram).

Thanks so much and please reply,
Henry

Solution
I forgot to mention, yes I did rewire everything 100% correctly and the front USBs on the new case work like a charm (tested when only DIMM2 was active with ram).

Hi Henry try unplugging the system and remove the motherboard battery for a couple mins put battery back plug it back in while it's plugged in make sure RAM is fully seated in the sockets.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020

Hi Henry try unplugging the system and remove the motherboard battery for a couple mins put battery back plug it back in while it's plugged in make sure RAM is fully seated in the sockets.

Solution