Apr 2, 2021
Hi,

I was trying install Patrion Sector 5 DDR3 1333MHz 1.66V 8GB Kits PGV38G1333ELK on my Dell OptiPlex 3010 SFF. After install, turn it on , I received 3-4 amber light error code.
Check Dell owner's manual, it say 3010 SFF support both DDR3 and/or DDR3L but no voltage mentioned.

Does anyone know how to fix that error code and make it works? Any tweaks?

Thanks,
CSPHEA

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

While on your old sticks of ram, you will need to see what BIOS version you're on at the moment for your motherboard. Cross-reference that BIOS version with the BIOS version listed on Dell's support site. You can use your OptiPlex's Service Tag to narrow down the model you own.

If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version, don't jump to the latest version.

You can then try and work with the ram you have above. Also, are you trying to mix and match sticks of ram or do you have a Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1333MHz 1.65v ram kit?

Apr 2, 2021
Hi,
My current BIOS version is A22. while the latest BIOS on Dell we site is A21. I will try with A21.
Yes, i have a kit of Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1333MHz 1.65v.
Hope this will work.

Apr 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

While on your old sticks of ram, you will need to see what BIOS version you're on at the moment for your motherboard. Cross-reference that BIOS version with the BIOS version listed on Dell's support site. You can use your OptiPlex's Service Tag to narrow down the model you own.

If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version, don't jump to the latest version.

You can then try and work with the ram you have above. Also, are you trying to mix and match sticks of ram or do you have a Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1333MHz 1.65v ram kit?

I tried it, and it still not working. any other tips?

So I have upgraded my 3010 and while it was easy, you have to remember that the Dells can be a bit picky on memory type. You should have 2x memory slots (7010 and 9010 have 4x), so try just a single module in a single slot. If it doesn't work that way, the ram is just not compatible.