Dell Optiplex 3020 MT Upgradable?

Wutse

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
Hey guys

i'm looking in to buying a Dell optiplex 3020 Mini Tower , it has an i5 4570 in it at 3.2 ghz , 8gigs of ram and a 1 TB hdd
in the past i always build my pc's from scratch but do to time & cash limitations i'm considering going this route

Will this run decently paired with a 1050ti and will i have to update the bios or somthing? and when i add an SSD for example and a new copy of windows 10 , can i just download the drivers without any problems?

Solution
Yes it will run decently. Make sure you get the shorter 1 fan version (which is most of them) and one without a pcie power connector. It is upgradeable as far as a prebuilt goes but does require an adapter if you want to upgrade psu. You won't need to with a 1050ti. Nothing needs to be updated beyond the gpu driver. You can download all drivers like any other pc.
Yes it will run decently. Make sure you get the shorter 1 fan version (which is most of them) and one without a pcie power connector. It is upgradeable as far as a prebuilt goes but does require an adapter if you want to upgrade psu. You won't need to with a 1050ti. Nothing needs to be updated beyond the gpu driver. You can download all drivers like any other pc.

Solution

Wutse

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015

yeah i saw that you need a 24pin to 8 pin adaptor if you want to change out the PSU
i was first thinking of building a new budget build with a Ryzen 3 , or a ryzen 5 1400 but i don' think that i will have such a big advantage over this dell then? the base system only costs me around 150 bucks

TRENDING THREADS