[SOLVED] Dell Optiplex 3020, what graphics card can i upgrade ?

Jan 2, 2019
I have this computer https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-optiplex-3020-core-i5-4570-3-2-ghz-4-gb-500-gb/ but with 8 GB of RAM. I'm thinking of swapping the PSU to add a rx 570 and an SSD. the motherboard does not have 24-pin connector, can I still add rx570 or will it be a problem?

Jan 2, 2019
And if i use this?https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Pin-Female-to-DELL-Optiplex-Server-Motherboard-8-Pin-Male-Adapter-Power-Cable/163141231729?hash=item25fbf9a471:g:JRMAAOSw7Odb-M7S

Apr 22, 2019
Hi
ve a dell optiplex 3020 MT and i got a brand new rx 570 4gb mining edition. i replaced the psu to a thermaltake 700w and i use a 24 pin to 8 pin connector for the the motherboard . My computer just works fine but when the GPU is installed the computer turns on, CPU fan is spinning / GPU fans too /the lights are on but no display, nothing shown on the screen. i put the the VGA cable to the convertor and then i plug it into the GPU. the computer turns on but no boot and nothing shown on the screen again . and when i plug the VGA cable into the motherboard it works and i can see the GPU information on CPUZ. .i updated the bios to the latest version that i found on dell website, and put the boot mode on UEFI . i put secure boot OFF and legacy option roms ON? but the same thing happened. so what other ways i can try ? ? Note i m plugging the 8 in the GPU and every other cable is plugging properly.

Jun 7, 2019
According to page 24 of your Service Manual, the board has a proprietary connector in place of the 24pin ATX connector. Unless you're proficient with voltages and wiring, there is no option to swap out the existing PSU with an aftermarket unit.

In short, not possible.
There is a small upgrade possible for the 3020SFF and 9020SFF from the 255W stock PSU. There is a dell 315W PSU....it comes with the 8 pin MB connector, 4 pin CPU power connector and a 6 pin GPU connector. I added one of these to my 9020 and I believe they carry 38A to the 12v rail. Definitely not enough to get you into a powerful GPU, but considering they have to be a low profile card they wont draw a ton of power anyway....this PSU will gain you a little bit of cushion if you run a LP /SS card like a GT1030.
With the mini tower optiplex add a ATX power supply and get the 24 to 8 pin adapter and you are in business.