Question Dell optiplex 390 - Dead ram slot (bent pin but I can’t find it)

Mar 21, 2021
Hello guys,

I was cleaning my computer and removed the cpu from the socket (dumb, I know). My brother tried to help clean it and bent a few pins. I’ve tried to get them all straight but now the only flaw I noticed is the second ram slot is failing. If I use it, computer doesn’t boot, and if I take it out it works!
I’ve taked a picture of the cpu socket and none of the pins seem too bent. Photo attached. Can you help me trying to figuring out the problem?

View: https://i.imgur.com/2HxF21h.jpg

Where were the bent pins that you think you fixed?
Looking closely at the photo, I think there is a pin near the lower left corner of the center square that might be touching.
Try taking it to a jeweler who has the optics and the skill for such small work.

Mar 21, 2021
You said When you Remove the second RAM Module Your Computer boots??

How many RAM sticks do you have installed Into your System?
That’s right. One ram in the first slot and it boots. Put the other onde the second and nothing. I’ve tried both rams on the first slot, they’re both good, so must be the slot (socket contact).

Mar 21, 2021
Where were the bent pins that you think you fixed?
Looking closely at the photo, I think there is a pin near the lower left corner of the center square that might be touching.
Try taking it to a jeweler who has the optics and the skill for such small work.
In the left corner of the socket. Can you point the pin you see?

Unfortunately I didn’t make a picture of the bent pins. There anyway to get a diagram and see what pins are for ram?
Somewhere, there may be such a diagram, but I don't know.
I do know that ram issues are a common problem with bent pins.
No telling what the issue might be. No dual channel is one I hear about.
To the best of your recollection, what was the area you worked on using the grid I described?
I can look closer in that area.

Consider the possibility that in replacing the cpu, more pins could have been damaged.
It is easy to do if you do not drop the chip in cleanly.
If you smoosh it around, you will damage pins.
And, also, the socket is designed for only 15 insertions.

Mar 21, 2021
Ah and other thing. The computer showed the two rams the first time I assembled the computer again but then got a color glitch and I assumed that was a pin. Probably was ram related no? I opened up and after that no second slot