Dell Optiplex 390 i3 What graphics card can I use?

Solution
An aftermarket 400W PSU won't be much better than the one you have. It will take a quality 500W to make much difference.
As far as the i3 it depends on the game. Older and low end games run on just one core. But newer titiles use 4 or more. But you don't want too much GPU for your CPU or you will get freezes while the video card waits for data. Look in my previous post. In that link you can see all the CPUs that will run in that, and their relative performance. If you want to game with a system that old. Max. out the CPU, get 12GB RAM, then worry about the GPU/PSU situation. Anything over a GTX1050Ti will need a PSU.
An aftermarket 400W PSU won't be much better than the one you have. It will take a quality 500W to make much difference.
As far as the i3 it depends on the game. Older and low end games run on just one core. But newer titiles use 4 or more. But you don't want too much GPU for your CPU or you will get freezes while the video card waits for data. Look in my previous post. In that link you can see all the CPUs that will run in that, and their relative performance. If you want to game with a system that old. Max. out the CPU, get 12GB RAM, then worry about the GPU/PSU situation. Anything over a GTX1050Ti will need a PSU.

Solution