Question Dell optiplex 390 sff freezing at random

Oct 14, 2019
Hi,
I'm having an issue regarding my Optiplex 390 sff freezing at random times during any use. The freezing does happen at different times, and there have been a few days with it working perfectly fine with light (browsing) to mid (Cad/some games) usage. More demanding games increases the frequency of it freezing. The screen would show what was last on. I've tried using various diagnostics programs including dells own one but was perfectly fine every time. When it does freeze, I have to shut it down every time, then boot it usually with no problem message. The fans keep running, including the psu one.

The gpu in the system is a gt 1030 which is nearly a year old, I've updated the drivers to the latest to see if that helped. I also installed a new ssd recently to see if it's a hard drive issue, but the same problem occurs, less frequently though. Temperatures for the cpu and gpu are both average.

I was wondering if the psu could be an issue, a faulty motherboard or os. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Current specs:
  • Intel i5-2400
  • 2x4 GB ddr3 (1666MHz memory )
  • GT 1030 2 GB
  • Samsung evo 500 GB
  • Windows 10 pro

Oct 14, 2019
GT 1030 Reference Specs
Recommended Power Supply
300W

SFF only has a 240 watt power supply.
Simply using just firefox for browsing sometimes freezes, would being lower than the recommendation have any effect on this as well, some games (team fortress 2 to be specific) never have this issue. Sorry, im a bit new to this stuff.