Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop (confirmed) Need a video card light gaming video streaming

kriscris

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I want to make this older PC into something more for my son. I want a video card that will run his Minecraft better as well as some older PC games, and stream videos and such. I would also like to to have HDMI out.
It is Windows 7 32 bit
Intel Core 2 DUO at 2.33
2 Gigs of RAM (which I will upgrade immediately)
280 watt power supply I opened the case to check.
Budget $150 tops

There are a multitude of threads here and in other forums regarding this question. Is there a definitive one single choice? Is it just a matter of budget? Will this PC run the newer PCI express 3.0? I cant really afford to get a new gaming rig right now but if I can spend some quality money on a video card and some RAM and buy myself another year I would he a hero to my kid.

I have found, that the cpu is more of a limit than one would think, One my dell optiplex 745 I have a most capable GPU, 6 gb ram and a core 2 duo at 2.4 ghz, and I am struggling to achieve 60 fps, as the processor is running at 95% load. granted, it could be lack of optimization for windows 10 beta
only a relatively low power card will work due to wattage, but you should not need more than 384 cuda cores or 480 stream processors in order to get satisfactory frame rates .
this card should work, especially if you use afterburner to limit its power draw by a small amount.

Latest posts