[SOLVED] Dell optiplex 760 oem windows key

usmanlivehere

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Hi!
I have an old Dell optiplex 760 lying around. It's own key sticker is not present, it has been peeled of.
It does not have original hard disk as well.
So now I don't know what it t came with. It comes with Vista or 7 and since it has old e4600 processor I'm guessing Vista but don't know exact version.
So can any of you tell me which os it shipped with and it's oem key or a way to retrieve it.
Thanks. It will really help. I have had w 10 on it Which was slow so now wanna install original os to do some retro gaming or movies in this situation since I'm not leaving the house due to current situation.
Thanks again

Solution
I would mention that in my own experience Win 10 is the type of OS that no matter what system it installs on, it has the ability to work as well as the components allow. You have built in options and the ability to turn things off to a degree that you can physically make 10 operate and look just about like XP.
From a security standpoint I wouldn't use anything Windows based that wasn't supported any more unless it's off the internet.

usmanlivehere

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Hi!
I have an old Dell optiplex 760 lying around. It's own key sticker is not present, it has been peeled of.
It does not have original hard disk as well.
So now I don't know what it came with. It comes with Vista or 7 and since it has old e4600 processor I'm guessing Vista but don't know exact version.
So can any of you tell me which os it shipped with and it's oem key or a way to retrieve it.
Thanks. It will really help. I have had w 10 on it Which was slow so now wanna install original os to do some retro gaming or movies in this situation since I'm not leaving the house due to current situation.
Thanks again

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Looks like Vista OR XP were options.

https://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/products/optix/Optiplex_760_Spec_Sheet_en.pdf

In my opinion, if you were going retro gaming or the like I would look into alternate OS (Linux) or the like. I have utilized Ubuntu on some older and lower power machines and it worked really well. I know that OS is not specifically catering to gaming, but there are loads of emulator targeted loads out there.

Reactions: usmanlivehere

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would mention that in my own experience Win 10 is the type of OS that no matter what system it installs on, it has the ability to work as well as the components allow. You have built in options and the ability to turn things off to a degree that you can physically make 10 operate and look just about like XP.
From a security standpoint I wouldn't use anything Windows based that wasn't supported any more unless it's off the internet.

Reactions: usmanlivehere
Solution

usmanlivehere

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Looks like Vista OR XP were options.

https://www.dell.com/downloads/emea/products/optix/Optiplex_760_Spec_Sheet_en.pdf

In my opinion, if you were going retro gaming or the like I would look into alternate OS (Linux) or the like. I have utilized Ubuntu on some older and lower power machines and it worked really well. I know that OS is not specifically catering to gaming, but there are loads of emulator targeted loads out there.
Haven't tried Linux ever but it's a good idea to dive into this in these holidays

Reactions: punkncat

usmanlivehere

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Ok looked up about your suggestion on YT and there are guides to disable many things to make w 10 light. I think this is what I'm gonna do for now. thanks

Reactions: punkncat

TRENDING THREADS