dell OptiPlex 780 No video output when GPU installed.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
I am trying to create a Hackintosh with a Dell OptiPlex however it seems whenever I install the GPU there will be no video output from the GPU or the onboard Video however when I take out the GPU the onboard outputs like normal.
I am using a HD5450 as the GPU.
I have updated the BIOS and enabled some features which make the system automatically select the GPU as the main video output when is plugged in but still the same issue.
I have also tried with another GPU and had no success.

You need to create a System Restore point in System Tools (or whatever Mac uses) then in Safe Mode (F8) or equivalent remove the old GPU drivers.
Then do a clean GPU install in Safe Mode. The drivers may need Windows etc. to actually install, but it should boot into Safe Mode.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

Thanks for the reply, I am yet to get the OS installed as I would prefer a GPU so Windows 10 is still installed.
So F8 should boot the system in safe mode and I should remove any GPU drivers on the Windows OS?

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

I still am having no luck with any cards I put in the system. It just seems to turn on to an unstable state. When powering it on with the GPU only a quick press of the power button will shut down the system which makes me think the system has not even booted past the bios state?

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

No light codes or issues at all.
The system works perfectly with everything apart from when a GPU is added, I have tried other PCI cards and have had it boot fine. it just seems to be GPU's.
I have also gone through the BIOS several times to make sure that everything is enabled and as it should be.