dell optiplex 780

allan71

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
hi guys i have a question about my optiplex 780, i was thinking about buying a better case for air flow. i was wondering if this is a good ideal or just leave it like it is? thanks in advance

Solution
If I'm not mistaken, optiplex 780 uses BTX form factor. You will have a hard time finding better BTX compatibile computer case. You should leave it as it is and it should not overheat during normal use. If the system temps are too high then you can try to remove dust from heatsink, reapply thermal paste, make sure the air vents are not blocked and there is enough space to ensure proper air circulation.

Sylvvester

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
If I'm not mistaken, optiplex 780 uses BTX form factor. You will have a hard time finding better BTX compatibile computer case. You should leave it as it is and it should not overheat during normal use. If the system temps are too high then you can try to remove dust from heatsink, reapply thermal paste, make sure the air vents are not blocked and there is enough space to ensure proper air circulation.

Solution

allan71

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016

ok thanks , it's not over heating yet but i have added a 500 watt psu and a amd radeon 6670 hd card . i just thought that if i had a larger case with more air flow that it would help to prevent heat problems from happening .oh and by the way it's the mini tower version.