• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Dell Optiplex 790 MT standoffs?

brandonmills765

Prominent
Aug 2, 2018
Hi there,

I am upgrading a dell optiplex 790 mt computer. When I go to insert the motherboard and screw it in, I don't know what screws or standoffs the case uses. For instance I have already tried normal standoffs and screws but where the standoffs go it is elevated, its already like a pre-installed standoff thats metal and cannot be removed, so when I put in normal standoffs over the case one it elevates the board more and it is a little bit past the I/O hole on the case and things like graphics cards cannot fit in, (its not centred in I/O hole). So how will I screw motherboard in securely. The standoffs already built in, the screw fits and goes through the M/B into the standoff but it doesn't thread or grip or whatever you call it to screw securely. (Basically the screw moves around).

Hopefully I explained this well enough and it makes sense.

Thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS