[SOLVED] Dell Optiplex 990 NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 "NO SIGNAL"

Jan 6, 2019
Hello, I bought this Dell as small Editing/Streaming PC to work on and to have. Because i liked and enjoyed the idea.

But For the past two days, My Monitor has randomly going black screen with no Signal and forcing me to restart my entire PC and what i'm working on to get it to work correctly..
This is a Pain, because the monitor is fine and the "GTX 710 1GB" is literally brand new and i got it as a replacement for the other one. I'm only using the GTX to play old games and dual monitor support and i cant play any games without it going black either. Im thinking its a hardware or PSU issue? ( Oh I also tried disabling the Intel graphics to btw.)

Any Help would be appreciated Thanks!

Current Specs are on it:

Dell Optiplex 990 (Mini Tower)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
240GB SSD
250GB HDD
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (ZOTAC International)
PSU: Unknown

Solution
Yes that's what I would try. Very often this works for Dells.
Newer drivers won't install in Safe Mode, but it will run at the default Safe Mode resolution until they do install.
Jan 6, 2019

The GTX aka the GPU is Brand Spanking New. As I literally just said.

Jan 6, 2019

The GPU is considerably fine. I much hope. Getting another Power Supply isn't bad. A 500w will run me $42. At most.

Jan 6, 2019

Well, I need to find out if anyone else has a solution or had this issue and can help me out. Because I'm thinking my PSU isn't giving the MB enough power for the GPU.

without knowing the PSU spec its hard to say, however that card is by no means hungry (guessing you mean GT 710?).

What i would suggest you do to diagnose it is to run a GPU stress test like FurMark (https://geeks3d.com/furmark/) and see if it happens during that when the GPU is under load.

Jan 6, 2019

Literally a GTX Zotac 710 Ti 1GB as before. Same card. I got it replaced. Check amazon it's there for $40.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I agree the most likely culprit is the psu, but the question becomes does your motherboard have standard power supply connections? Also does the case support a standard size power supply and are the connections on a place that normal connectors will reach where needed.

Dell likes to make upgrading difficult.

Jan 6, 2019

My Case is the Mini Tower. I was told it support a ATX Form factor? But I'm hoping it's the PSU. Because if it black screen again. I'm going to try reinstalling windows with the Drivers again.

Jan 6, 2019

I tried reinstalling the drivers before. But I can remove them in safe mode and reinstall them again in safe mode.

Jan 6, 2019

I will thanks! Its a 250w but that shouldnt be to hard on it. Because the card is low power.

Jan 6, 2019

Nothing happend Jumped up to 51'c on the GT 710. Still stayed on. It may be a power issue or a driver Issue. It didn't do anything like this when i was running windows 7 before, but the hdd was bad. So my system kept freezing.

Jan 6, 2019

Another Thing to note that is, My GTX 710 came with a disc and i installed using drivers online, So should i boot into safe mode remove those drivers and install the disc in safe mode?

Jan 6, 2019

You Mean the Intel Integrated Graphics? Yes, I disabled them. Unless i have to remove them?

Jan 6, 2019

Well, The Intel Drivers doesnt show when the gpu is installed. Do i have to remove the gpu ande and then create a restore point. Which After Heading to Safe mode to remove the intel drivers? btw, it wont let me install any drivers in safe mode on windows 10.