Question Dell Optiplex GX620 graphic cwrd

nokaphone123

Commendable
Apr 5, 2018
Hi Tom's Hardware!
I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 tower CPU... I need a graphic card that can easily play The Walking dead:The final season on it.......... It need direct x 11 graphic card to play........

Hi Tom's Hardware!
I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 tower CPU... I need a graphic card that can easily play The Walking dead:The final season on it.......... It need direct x 11 graphic card to play........

What are the full specifications of your machine as the GX620 has a range of models...?

Looking at the system requirements on Steam, you are going to struggle to get that game running on that machine (it might work, just). Your machine has at best a 'Pentium D' dual core cpu - which is below the minimum requirement of a Core 2 Duo, although it is dual core and 64 bit so it might work if you're lucky. If it is a single core Pentium 4 or Celeron cpu then it won't work.

You also need at least 3gb of ram (the machine supports up to 4gb so may be ok, but many machines of that age will only have 2gb).

What I might suggest is - for the price of a new graphics card you should be able to get a full second hand tower that is much better than your current machine. Look out for something like an Intel Core i5 2000 or Core i7 2000 series machine (or newer) or even something like an AMD FX 6000 or FX 8000 based system.