Question Dell P2213 monitor doesn't work through DisplayPort with Radeon 5600XT GPU ?

Jan 3, 2021
Hi Everyone.

I recently completed my build but I am having some issue with my newly installed graphics card.

I have two monitors:

• Dell P2213 (problematic)
  • Acer X243W (no problems)
I am hoping to hook up both of them to the system through DisplayPort, but I am only able to do that with the Acer monitor. With DisplayPort, the Dell monitor produces no display. However, it periodically wakes up from sleep and then go back to sleep. This may indicate that there may be some display signal trying to come through, but not successfully.

There is a DVI port on the Dell display and a HDMI port on the graphics card. As such, I was able to connect the Dell display through its DVI port to the HDMI port on the graphics card using an adapter cable successfully.

My question is, which component do you think is causing this problem? The graphics card? Or the Dell display? Or the motherboard?

A few more things I need to mention:

First, the Dell monitor’s DisplayPort does work well with other devices, such as two of my laptops.

Second, the dell display is quite old. It’s latest driver was updated in 2013. However, my laptops was able to work with it despite of that.

These are my components:

Graphics card

• “PowerColor Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT 6GB (AXRX 5600XT 6GBD6-3DHR/OC)”
Motherboard

• Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
CPU

• AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Last edited: